Business mail : email@example.com
Academic mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- PhD in Theoretical Physics and Simulation Science, School of Physics, UCD, Dublin, Ireland. (2012-2016)
- Graduate Certificate in Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Enterprise. University College Dublin, Ireland. (2012-2014)
- B.Tech. from NIT Durgapur, India. (2011)
- ISC from Calcutta Boys’ School. (2007)
- Won the Deloitte Top Technology Award 2016. (Dublin, April 2016)
- Finalists of European Finance Cup. (Paris, 2015)
- Won best presentation award at Simulation Science Student Presentations. (O’Brien Centre for Science, UCD, 28 April, 2015)
- Awarded Cruickshank High Achieving Merit Award, by Enterprise Ireland SEA Awards. Cork, Ireland, June 12, 2014.
- Awarded a Travel Grant under “Physics Postgraduate Conference Travel Scheme” by School of Physics, UCD to attend XXVI IUPAP Conference on Computational Physics, CCP2014. (August 11-14, 2014, Boston, Massachusetts, USA)
- CASL ACE Award 2014. Dublin, Ireland. 10 April 2014.
- Best oral presentation award in YLSI, Dublin, Ireland. 1 March 2014.
- Awarded the Boehringer Ingelhiem Fonds travel grant to work with Prof. Christine Perter, University of Konstanz, Germany, February – April 2014.
- Awarded the SimSci fellowship for the UCD Structured programme in Simulation. Science working with Principal Supervisor Prof. David Coker.
- Awarded an internship at Biomolecular Simulation Group of Dr. Christine Peter, Max Plank Institute for Polymer Research, Mainz, December 2010 – February 2010.
- Invited to pursue B.Tech thesis, December 2010 – January 2011 in Structural Biology group of Prof. Werner Kuhlbrant, Max Plank Institute for Biophysics.(Declined)
- Awarded Scholarship to pursue internship in Department of Physik, Bielefeld University, Germany to pursue internship from May – August, 2010.
- Delegation at Nobel Laureates Meeting, IIIT Allahabad 2009.
- Received the DST-DFG travel grant and award for attending Nobel laureates and students meet 2009 (Chemistry), held in Lindau Germany.
- Won in student category of “National conference on future of food biotechnology in India”, NIT Durgapur. January 8-9, 2009.
- Won the Eastern India Engineering Fair organized by Birla Industrial and Technology Museum (BITM) Kolkata, 2009.
- Received the prestigious KVPY scholarship, a national merit based scholarship in 2007 vide roll EA 1071310.
- Won the Initiative for research and innovation in science (IRIS) the national science fair for project “Venomometer” under category BIOCHEMISTRY in 2006.
- Won the Eastern India Science Fair organized by Birla Industry and Technological Museum (BITM) Kolkata, 2006.
- Qualified for National Level of National Astronomy Olympiad twice in 2001 and 2002.
- Invited talk on “Image Processing Approaches Towards Optical Microscopic Analysis of Nano-Structures” at Bielefeld University, Germany on March 14, 2015.
- Invited talk at Pint of Science, Dublin on May 20, 2014.
- Invited talk titled “India to Ireland – An Entrepreneur’s Epilogue” at IIBA ‘Student to Business’ program launch, Dublin on April 23, 2013.[Photo-Link]
- Invited Talk “The Future of The Future : Building The World Bottom-Up” at Thesis in 3, Dublin, Ireland, Oct, 2012.
- Talk titled “Image Processing Algorithms Towards Characterizing Monolayers” at Annual World Congress of Nano Science and Technology, Dalian, China, October 2011. (Declined)
- Invited talk on “Molecular Dynamics Simulation of Spider Silk Proteins” at Bielefeld University, Germany on November 29, 2011.
- “ Unimolecular FRET Sensors: Simple Linker Designs and Properties ” in PLOSOne (Submitted)
- “ An Ab-initio Study of Spectral Features of the Enhance Cyan Fluorescent Protein Chromophore ” (Submitted)
- “ How flexible is a protein: simple estimates using FRET microscopy ” in Molecular Biosystems (Accepted) [Link]
- “ Visualizing 3D morphology of 2D nano-materials using optical microscopy ” in Journal of Microscopy. (Accepted)
- “ Multiscale Modelling of UniMolecular FRET Probes Using Monte Carlo Simulations ” in Journal of Physics : Conference Series [Link]
- “ In silico designing of an industrially sustainable carbonic anhydrase using Molecular Dynamics Simulation” in ACS Omega. [Link]
- “ TongueSim: Development of an automated method for rapid assessment of fungiform papillae density for taste research ” in Chemical Senses [Link]
- “ Molecular Sensors ” published as an International Patent – WO 2016/139643 A2. [Link]
- “A novel web based effort for sharing of scientific ideas and results.” in International Conference of Public Communication of Science and Technology, 2010.
- “A Low Cost Vein Detection System using Integrable Mobile Camera Devices” in IEEE Indicon 2010.
- Published a patent titled, “Integrable Vein Viewing System in Hand Held Devices” to Indian patent Office Publication Date : 01/07/2011, Journal No. – 26/2011.
Academic CONFERENCE/Workshops Attended/Organised
- Microscopy of Semiconducting Materials (MSM-XIX). March 29, 2015 to April 2, 2015. Location : Murray Edwards College, Cambridge, United Kingdom. (Poster presented)
- IOP in Ireland Spring Meeting 2015. March 28, 2015. Location : Cork, Ireland. (Poster presented)
- Advanced Simulation/Modelling in Food. December 4, 2014 to December 5, 2014. Location : UCD, Dublin.
- Molecular and coarse-grained modelling of interactions at bio-nano interface. September 22, 2014 to September 24, 2014. Location : UCD, Dublin. (Poster)
- Advances in Biomolecular Modelling and Simulations using CHARMM. June 3, 2014 to June 6, 2014. Location : UCD, Dublin. (Poster presented)
- Enhancing molecular simulations with PLUMED. May 28, 2014 to June 2, 2014. Location : Belfast, United Kingdom.
- 17th Nanoscale Simulators Ireland and Irish Atomistic Simulators Meeting. May 26, 2014 to May 27, 2014. Location : Belfast, United Kingdom (Invited Talk)
- Calculation of Optical Properties of Nanostructures from First Principles. February 19, 2013 to February 22, 2013. Location : CECAM-HQ-EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland. (Poster presented)
- All-Ireland Intensive School in Molecular Simulations. 10th – 14th of December 2012. Queen’s University Belfast.
- CCP5 Summer School in Molecular Simulation 2012. July 22, 2012 to July 31. 2012. Location : University of Cardiff, United Kingdom. (Poster presented) [Link]
- “Advances in Biomolecular Modelling and Simulations using CHARMM.” June 5 – June 8, 2012.
- “Hauptversammlung der Deutschen Bunse-Gesellschaft fur Physiklische Chemie.” May 2010, Bielefeld, Germany.
- Centenary seminar series at IISC Bangalore. June 2009.
Positions Of Responsibility
- CTO and Founder of a Tech Venture – Digital Self Technology Pvt. Ltd., Ireland.
- CEO and Founder of a Tech Venture – Think Biosolution Pvt. Ltd., India. (2011-Now) http://www.thinkbiosolution.com
- Mentored Onkar Singh Gujral’s software project on “Image Processing Algorithms towards Optical Detection of 2D Nano materials” at Intel ISEF where it won the 2nd Grand Award in Systems Software and the 1st Award by Association of Computing Machinery.
- Member of Executive Committee, CCA, NIT Durgapur in 2008-11.
- President and Member of Executive Committee, Chayanika, NIT Durgapur, 2008-11.
- Tutoring at UCD : Physics for Agricultural Science (Phyc 10180) module. Jan – May, 2013 and 2015.
- Part of Advisory Team, Innovation Academy UCD, Survey For UCD President’s Report On Innovation and Learning , Jan- April 2015.
- Bachelor Thesis titled “Molecular Dynamics Simulation of Spider Silk Proteins” with Dr.Christine Peter at MPI, Mainz.
- An internship titled “Towards A Molecular Dynamics Understanding of Self Assembled Fluorescent organic Nanotapes” in the group of Prof.Dr.Debnath Pal, Bioinformatics Centre, IISC Bangalore.
- “Understanding Piezoresistive nature of BPT(Biphenyl Thiol) Self Assembeled Monolayer”, with Dr. Xianghui Zhang, in the group of Prof. Dr. Armin Gölzhäuser.
- “Low Cost Vein Viewing Devices Using Integrable Camera Mobile Devices” with Prof. Phaneendra Yalavarthy, IISc Bangalore.
- An internship titled “Development of An Antigenic Molecule Towards An Potential Enzymatic Pathway For Synthesis Of Specific Carbon Nano Tube Molecules” in the group of Prof. Debnath Pal at Bioinformatics Center, IISc, Bangalore.
- An internship titled “A real time map based epidemic simulation algorithm for monitoring farm based scenarios” in the group of Prof. Santosh B.Norhona, Department Of Chemical Engineering, IIT Bombay.
SOFTWARE I OFTEN USE
- Programming – C, OpenMPI, C++, DBMS, SQL, HTML5, Perl, Python, MATLAB.
- Document Preparation – Unix, LaTeX, Vim.
- Compiled Code – Autodock, Gromacs, Plumed, Gausian, Martini, VMD.
- English – Excellent, German – Basic, Hindi – Good, Bengali – Excellent.
- Poetry, Dancing, Reading, Painting, Traveling, Cooking, Culinary Delicacies.